Thursday, September 27, 2012

Back Again

I haven't posted on here in a very, very long time and I apologize. On July 12, 2010, I made a blog called "ADHD, Anxiety and Depression". It was supposed to replace this one, but I only wrote three posts for it. 

After that, I tried to start another blog about Depression and Anxiety on WordPress. However, I didn't write anything for it beyond the initial "Hello" paragraph.

Today, I decided come back to Blogger and renew my efforts here. I studied both pages and decide to add more posts to this one.

A lot has happened in the 1-1/2 years since my last post to "ADHD, Anxiety and Depression". The most significant occurrence is the death of my mother.

That's right, I lost my mother in March 2012 and I still haven't fully recovered. I'm not sure when I will get over this loss, if ever.

However, my mother's death also served as a wake-up call. It taught me to reconnect with my siblings, to take care of myself and it gave me a shove into doing things I've wanted to do for a long time! Her sudden illness and death showed me that we all have a very limited time on Earth and we had better use it wisely.

I promise to write more about this later. But, I ask you to stop a moment and ask yourself one simple question, "What have I done today that counts toward my goals?"

No comments:

Post a Comment